Adore hair dye is a line of professional hair dye products that are available in a variety of colors and finishes. The dyes are made with a blend of natural and synthetic ingredients, and they are designed to be gentle on the hair.
The short answer is that Adore hair dye is not toxic. However, it is important to note that all hair dye products contain some level of chemicals. These chemicals are necessary to create the desired color and finish.
The most common chemicals found in hair dye are:
- Peroxide: Peroxide is used to lighten hair. It can be irritating to the skin and eyes, so it is important to wear gloves and eye protection when using hair dye.
- Ammonia: Ammonia is used to open the hair cuticle so that the dye can penetrate the hair shaft. It can be irritating to the skin and lungs, so it is important to work in a well-ventilated area when using hair dye.
- PPD: PPD is a dye that is used to create vibrant colors. It is a known allergen, so it is important to do a patch test before using hair dye that contains PPD.
Adore hair dye does not contain PPD, which is a known allergen. However, it does contain peroxide and ammonia, which can be irritating to the skin and eyes. It is important to follow the instructions on the package carefully and to wear gloves and eye protection when using Adore hair dye.
Here are some tips for using Adore hair dye safely:
- Do a patch test 24 hours before using the dye to make sure you are not allergic.
- Work in a well-ventilated area to avoid breathing in the fumes from the dye.
- Wear gloves and eye protection to protect your skin and eyes.
- Rinse the dye out thoroughly to avoid staining your skin or clothes.
- Apply a deep conditioner to your hair to help it recover from the dye process.
By following these tips, you can help to reduce the risk of any potential health hazards associated with using Adore hair dye.